WATERJET machining is a computerized cutting method that will cut virtually ANY material into any two-dimensional shape. It is a clean process that eliminates tool path heating and residual stress in the cut material. This advanced technology results in smoother cuts, precise edges with no burrs, and maximum material yield with minimal waste. The waterjet process can cut anything that can be designed or migrated to the computer domain.
The Tilt-A-Jet lets the OMAX Jet Machining Center achieve virtually zero tapers with most materials. The Tilt-A-Jet can position the nozzle at an angle calculated by the software to exactly offset the taper from the abrasive jet. Taper doesn’t disappear–it just gets moved to the scrap part of the material, leaving your part with exactly square edges.
Benefits and Features
- Easily make interlocking pieces, dovetail fittings, and lead-ins without taper to reduce secondary machining
- Tilting point positioned at a material surface to reduce X-Y motion
- Easy to use, with no special programming required
- Continuously adjusts at thousands of points per inch along path
- Can be used on OMAX machines from the 2626 to the 160X
- Automatic re-squaring feature ensures nozzle is square to the table
- Ability to change angles quickly, further enhancing cutting speed
- Compatible with Precision Optical Locator and Rotary Axis
- Faster cutting of high precision taper free parts with no need to slow down to eliminate taper
- Servo-controlled programmable precision Z-axis with 6” of travel
- Faster cutting due to “tilt forward” capability
- Advanced servo design results in virtually zero backlash
- Programmable manual tilt up to ±9° for the maximum tilt angle